Friday, January 11, 2013

My little ones.

 When Haley and Morgan were little I was pretty good with getting out and about and getting them involved in different things.  I took them to the library for story time at least once a week, always went on walks (even in the winter), took them to the play area at the mall when it was cold, went to parks often, read to them all the time, did tons of baking together...and so on.

I'm afraid that I'm getting too comfortable in my little cozy house and not getting my two little ones out enough.  Although, I'm a firm believer that children do not need to be engaged in a activities all day long...I think it's important for them to have lots of free time to play.  But, I do want things throughout the week for them to look forward to.  Things that are just for them while the others are in school.


I took them to story time at the library the other day and Piper just loved it.  The librarian let her check out the book she read to them and Piper just beamed, holding her book close, as we walked back to the car.  It's easy for the little ones to get lost in the jumble with the older siblings around.  Haley and Morgan take charge and kind of lead the way.  But when it was just Piper and Rory I could see that independence coming out in Piper.  For once she wasn't trying to keep up, or just to do something because the older ones were doing it.  She was able to make her own choices.  And I could tell she thought she was pretty special!

So here's to more fun outings with these cutie pies!



In other news, a storm has hit yet again.  More snow...and I love it!  
This weekend I'll be doing some skiing and some more yoga!
Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Library story time is the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...