Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Review

The weekend started off kinda crummy as Haley woke up with a fever Friday morning.  She was down for the count all day long.  

When I was young and had a fever I remembering laying on the floor in front of my parents' big front slider.  I loved feeling the warm sun shine through on me.  I told Haley and she promptly laid her pillow down and got comfy by the window.  She probably stayed there for 3 hours.

Luckily, by morning she was up and going full speed again.  But I still felt she needed to lay low and take it easy.  A good day for it as it snowed all morning.  But, by mid day the kids were getting really bored of the same old indoor activities.  So, to remedy their winter blues I pulled out some of my old Barbies and accessories they hadn't seen before and I even took out the convented Barbie box that belonged to my mom when she was young.  

They were so excited!

I remember playing with my mom's Barbie when I was little.  It brought back so many memories as soon as I opened the box.




 These two were my favorites.  
 This is what they were wearing when I took them out.  I imagine they're wearing the outfits from the last time I played with them when I was a kid...kinda neat.

These Barbies entertained the girls for the entire afternoon and into the evening...about 5 hours total they were downstairs playing out one story after another.  No fighting!  

These dolls are very prized possessions so they had to be put away at the end of the day...but I'm sure they will come in handy again to ward off some winter blues.

Sunday I skied the day with my older brother, Matt.  It was awesome!  Rarely do we get a chance to hang out so I jumped at the chance to ski with him.  And then that night we watched the Oscars at our friend's house.  It was a lovely evening.

Her girls decorated the stairway that led to our little Oscar party...so fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the retro Barbie! So cool! Wish my Mom would have kept hers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...