Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Everyone Poops!

This week so far has not been the best. Haley and I have been in constant battle...each one of us too stubborn to give in to the other.

So, for those that don't know...when I was potty training Haley about two years ago it was one of the worst experiences in my life!! Probably hers too! She knew exactly what I wanted her to do, she just didn't want to give up her control and fought me all the way. Those that say I should have wanted until she was a little older, well, it wouldn't have made a difference...if I waited until she was five, she still would have fought with me the entire way! That's just how she is, she doesn't do anything that I want her to do easily! Did I mention that she likes to be in control?!

Well, her latest is that she now refuses to poop! Yes, I said poop! She says that she will pee but will never poop again. She doesn't like it, she says. Well, immediately I have flashbacks to the old potty training days. NOOOOOO!!!!! Not Again!! She has started to hold it, and I must say she can hold it for a long, long time! Did I mention she's extremely stubborn?! So, when she holds it, it creates more problems. She gets really grumpy and very destructive. She can't really focus on any activity because she's always uncomfortable. She occasionally has to sit down and do the "potty bounce" if she's playing outside. Every now and then she'll go to the bathroom and then immediately walk out. "Oh, I really don't have to go the bathroom, I was just looking for something.", she says. Really?! I told her the other day that everyone poops! I said, "If you don't ever poop, where is it going to go...out your belly button?!". That totally threw her for a loop!! I probably shouldn't have said that since she doesn't really understand jokes too well. For the rest of the evening she kept glancing down at her belly button with a look of total concern. I had to tell her that wouldn't really happen and not to worry.

So anyway, that's the latest Haley saga. I'm not sure how long this one will last...hopefully not long, I can't stand it!!

6 comments:

Beth said...

Your Haley tales always leave me in stitches. This is probably payback for what your Mom went through with you!

Kelly said...

No way...I was an angel!

ki6gfdkaren said...

Every time I read a Haley story I have to laugh. Been there done that. Remember camping kelly? You were not going to use the bathroom till you got home.

Kelly said...

OK, OK...so she may resemble me just a little.

doyle family said...

Have you tried reading the book "Everyone Poops"?

Kelly said...

I've seen that book, but we don't have it. It's probably a good one to add to our "potty training" book collection!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...