Thursday, August 21, 2008

Where do I begin?

I'll start with the latest about Cassidy...she gave us yet another scare! Tuesday is when it all started, she had obvious signs of not feeling well, she couldn't drink or eat, if she tried she would just throw it up. But she would still walk around and seemed alert. However, by Tuesday evening she got really bad, just layed in the grass, wouldn't move. Wednesday morning we found her completely "out of it", and laying in some vomit...so sad! So we took her immediately to the Vet. I had to leave her there, which completely broke my heart. They wouldn't know exactly what was wrong unless they did blood work on her, but the vet seemed to think her liver may be in trouble. There is no guarantee of a cure, just managing the problem, and the bills would have added up with the medication she would have needed, not to mention all the blood work she would need. So we thought about it all day while she stayed at the vet and decided that we should put her down. A decision that is extremely painful for me. When we got to the clinic Cassidy had done a complete turn around!! She was walking (because she couldn't earlier), drinking and eating!! No way could I put her down, so we took her home. She seems to be happy, and we're so glad to still have her!

Haley started her first day of Preschool this morning!! My mom and I dropped her off. When we were walking through the parking lot I told her to be sure to say "good morning" to her teacher. As soon as Haley walked through the door she says, "Good morning Mrs. Wind!". Wow, I didn't even think she was listening to me! She had a great time!

Then, when we were driving home I got my first ticket. I'm super bummed! They got me going 31 in a 25, but it happened to be right at a school zone which is 20 mph. It was a total trap! I went back that way (slowly mind you) after I picked Haley up from school and the school zone sign is totally covered by a huge Willow tree, no wonder I didn't see it!! That made me so mad!! But I'm sure I wouldn't win if I tried to fight it, so I'll pay my fees and be more cautious. I'll be driving that route a lot so I better be careful!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Go Haley! I'm so glad that she liked school. Wasn't it nice to have the time with just Morgan, too?!!

I thought we pretty much all had an agreement, as a society, that if you were within 10mph of the speed limit, you were a-okay. I feel that the police in your area violated this gentleman's agreement. Now it's on baby. I mean, don't they have bigger fish to fry that somebody going 31mph!!!

Kelly said...

I decided to fight the ticket! I'm going out this afternoon to take pictures of the covered sign. I figure it's worth a try!

sp said...

Absolutely take photos with a date to prove it. That's ridiculous. Of course this from the guy that almost spent the night in jail because I was convinced they pulled me over wrongly when a huge truck had just gone flying by both me and the cop. It almost got ugly. I fought it...didn't win. BUT, you can, with some good photo evidence.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...